Senator Kwari's motion on the Need to Address Increasing Rate Traffic Accidents on Kaduna-Kano Road
Updated: Sep 12, 2019
On 16th July, 2019, Senator Suleiman Abdu Kwari representing Kaduna North Senatorial District moved a motion on the "Need to Address the Increasing Rate of Traffic Accidents along Kaduna-Zaria-Kano road.
The Senator in his prayers called on the Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Health to establish emergency Medical Units on the nation's federal highways to cater for accident victims.
The motion was supported by numerous Senators with the following resolutions:
1. Urge the federal ministry of health to procure modern ambulances with sophisticated medical facilities and at least two paramedics manning them.
2. Urge the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) to establish effective monitoring centers on the road.
3. Set up an Ad-Hoc Committee to investigate the construction method and safety regulation adherence of the contractor.
4. Urge the relevant ministry supervising the construction of the road to caution the contractor to minimize the number of diversions.
5. Urge the FRSC to overhaul and review the process of issuance of drivers licenses and ensure that road users are properly trained and licensed.
6. Urge the relevant agencies and stakeholders to pay adequate attention to job completion within the stipulated time frame.
7. Direct the relevant committee of the Senate to invite the leadership of the FRSC to inform the Senate on their safety policy for possible evaluation.